God Eater 2: Rage Burst - PlayStation 4 (US)
Availability: In stock
Vendor: Bandai Namco
Have a question?
- More Than One Way to Slay a Monster - Use “God Arcs”, massive weapons created from Oracle Cells, to hack, slash, shoot and devour Aragami, gigantic monsters set on devouring humanity
- Monstrous Content - GOD EATER 2: Rage Burst continues the epic GOD EATER saga, featuring new and returning heroes, rich character and weapon customization, and over 100 hours of story and gameplay content, fully voiced in English
- Power of Blood - Learn over 200 different Blood Arts for Melee weapons to enhance your attacks and Blood Bullets to add various attributes. Tap into your Blood Rage to unleash your ultimate attack potential
- Squad Up - Play with up to 3 additional players online to form a cooperative four man cell, perfect for taking on the most difficult of missions
- Play with anyone, anywhere - Exclusive to the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita, GOD EATER 2: Rage Burst features both Cross Play and Cross Save functionality
God Eater 2 being upgraded for the PS4 and PSV means technical improvements will be added to improve immersion like high definition visuals, 5.1 sorround sound, and support for the DualShock4 speakers. Of course it doesn't end there, as Bandai Namco have put out a press release detailing some of the finer changes to gameplay and story!
The new story content in God Eater 2: Rage Burst takes place within the 'Spiral Tree' - host to a bunch of different area types. The members of 'Blood' are tasked with reclaiming these areas one by one as they make their way up to the top levels. The Outer Edges are bathed in soft sunlight, which contracts with the Bottom Level which seems to be almost diseased. As your climb higher the layers become less natural, with the Middle Layer being a place of desolation.
Returning in Rage Burst are Survival Missions that players can partake in, particularly throughout the Spiral Tree. Survival Missions in Rage Burst have a stat called 'Endurance' that is applied to every member in your combat party.
As far as stats go Endurance is pretty important because as characters are downed and have to be respawned, they’ll be taken out of battle completely if their Endurance drops too low. If you let the Endurance of the player-character drop too low then it is game over!
Brand new for Rage Burst are 'Camping Scenes' that take place between fights where players can prepare for future battles, as well as catch glimpses of the cast doing various activities as they take a break. Despite the resting implications of the Camping Scenes players will not be able to replenish items.
Along with new missions comes the Personal Abilities gameplay system, a new way for players to have more control over the NPC allies! Players can spend their Ability Points, earned on missions, on unlocking these new Personal Abilities which consist of new skills or buffs to existing attributes.
God Eater 2: Rage Burst will include the digital version of God Eater Resurrection.