- Breathtaking Graphics Resembling a Watercolor Painting in Motion. The “CANVAS” graphics engine, created exclusively for the PLAYSTATION®3, brings this never-before-seen style to life
- Battle with direct control in action sequences just as in action games, while also maneuvering through the vast world with strategic moves typical of tactical RPGs
- Engaging story and plot twists provide hours of gameplay; immerse yourselves in the dramatic battle for freedom as Welkin, with the fate of the world in your hands
- With 50 upgradeable playable characters to choose from, you can gather powerful groups for each mission (e.g., all sniper groups or all female groups) to suit your varying battle needs
- You can gain the advantage in battle by drawing off the unique terrain in 30 different environments, as varied as industrial cities, forests, castles and fortresses
The stage is set in Europe around 1930s. In this alternate universe, Europe was split into the “East European Empire Union” and the “Atlantic Ocean federal Organization” and for years and years, these two superpowers have been seeking to unify Europe through a large scale war, named European War II (E.W.II). Heroes often emerge in these chaotic times, and in a small, neutral country, Galia, such a young man came forward to join the fight.Galia was falling under the onslaught of the Empire's overwhelming forces, but before the enemies could take the capital, Welkin Gunther, the leader of a small army faction thwarted the military giant's plans and entered historical records as a hero.The screens in the game are filled with a dusky tint, the lines are smooth and the palette is subdued yet warm. Aside from its distinctive graphics, the sounds in the game is just as impressive. The epic storyline coupled with the rich graphics and sounds supported by the third generation consoles creates a world that players immerse themselves fully into.Senjou no Valkyria is a turn based RPG that combines strategy with action. Proceed with the game the way you read a history book. Read the text and get involved in the battle parts, depending on the options you have chosen or the battles you have fought, the game rewards you with more chapters to your “book”.